Homeless Story...

I was homeless at the age of 15 due to the fact I needed to escape a household filled with neglect and drugs. I continued going to high school and was put into emergency housing by the government but yet again, I was surrounded by strangers and drugs. It can be hard to focus on staying sane and keeping your life as normal as possible when you have no money, no options and severe lack of discipline... but I found the strength knowing that I was better than the squalor that surrounded me. Years later, I now have a beautiful home and work for a certain pay television company, but that does not make me forget where I have been and always donate money to charities that support the homeless. Having never been to the SHAC house (but have read many things about it on the internet), I would like to show my support and gratitude that there are people out there who aren't afraid to stand up for their right to live and their right to an education.

- 'Bek'

No comments: